Motor home parking and free camping area
Sant Hilari Sacalm has a public parking for motor homes and free camping area.
SPACES AND FACILITIES
The motor home parking has a maximum capacity of 20 places, expandable to 70 more. Likewise, there is also a free camping area that has an area of 2000 m2.
In the area there is a picnic area with a barbecue and a source of drinking water. In addition, there is also a rubbish collection area (see more under the section on selective waste collection for more information).
The Sant Hilari motorhome parking has these free services:
– Wastewater disposal
– Drinking water
– Zone Illuminated and video surveillance
Also, the following services to be bought are available:
– 2 Light points (3500 W) with different connection points. Price: € 3 / 8h. Tokens can be obtained at the tourist office or at the reception of the sports area.
SERVICES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SPORTS CENTER
The municipal sports center is located 100 meters from the motorhome area and access to the following facilities is allowed by paying the corresponding fee:
– Shower service. Price: € 2 per person
– Access to the indoor pool
– Access to the outdoor pool (summer season)
– Tennis and paddle tennis court rental
For more information, you can go to the reception of the municipal sports center.
SELECTIVE WASTE COLLECTION
Motorhomes have a contribution area for exclusive use to selectively collect waste from the following fractions:
– Organic waste (with a compost bag that you can collect for free at the tourist office or the sports center)
– Paper and cardboard ( without plastic bag)
– Light packaging
– Other waste
– Glass bottles and jars (without cap, plate or plastic bags)
The entrance to the area works with a code which is 1204.
MOTORHOMES PARKING AND FREE CAMPING AREA REGULATIONS
This space is a specific car park for motorhomes, caravans, campers and similar vehicles and for free camping.
1. You have to park in the space provided and respect the rules.
2. Camping is only allowed in the free camping area.
3. Parked vehicles cannot transform or deploy items that extend or exceed the initial perimeter of the vehicle. It is also not allowed to take chairs and tables out of the vehicle or to deploy awnings.
4. Parked vehicles must stand on their own wheels and not use chocks, except for safety reasons.
5. It is forbidden to dump substances or waste in the area, except in the areas enabled to do so (gray water discharge area or selective waste collection area).
6. The maximum stay per vehicle is 48 hours.
7. It is an unguarded car park, therefore, the Town Council is not responsible for potential thefts, robberies or any other incident that may occur.
MOTORHOME MEETINGS AND OUT OF SERVICE DATA
There are two motor home meeting every year: one at Easter and the other one during “La Fira” Market of Les Guilleries (in October).
The motor home area is out of service on some specific occasions:
-Endurance ridinge: end of june
-Village festivity days: last weekend of August
-Sant Hilari Cross-country race: beginnig of November.